WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US.
We collect your name, the department you work in, job title, email, phone number, University, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
INFORMATION WE GET FROM OTHER.
We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to the information we get from this Site.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED.
We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We designate these cookies as Required Cookies, Functionality Cookies, and Essential Cookies.
We log information using “cookies.”
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, updates, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Our Website is not configured to read or respond to “do not track” settings or signals in your browser headings or mobile device settings, which vary by provider. In lieu of a browser- or device-based opt-out solution, we have identified in the table below certain Digital Advertising Alliance and other approved methods for placement of “opt-out” cookies. Our Website and those of our third-party advertisers or other vendors are configured to read and honor these opt-out cookies, so long as they are present on your computer or device. If you delete all cookies, you will need to reset your opt-out cookies. Please be aware that Unizin does not control these opt-out processes.
Types of cookies we track:
- Required Cookies
- Required Cookies are essential for the basic and enhanced website functionality and performance. Without these cookies, services you have asked for and the choices you have made for better functionality and features cannot be provided.
- These cookies, such as those used for Google Analytics, collect information on how users use our Website, in order to help us fix technical issues or errors, and highlight areas such as navigation where we can improve our Website. For example, Google Analytics uses cookie identifiers to track the number of visitors to the Website, providing us with the volumes and sources of web page traffic. This allows us to analyze web traffic patterns and run tests to optimize web pages and visits against key metrics.
- These cookies, such as language preference, help us customize our Website content based on a user’s preferences. They remember the user’s choices, their language, the country pages visited, and any changes the user makes to text size or other parts of our Website pages. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track browsing activity on other websites.
- These cookies, such as jsessionid, xssid, xssidsec, and dlsite, are essential for parts of our Website to operate. They enable users to move around our Website and allow us to recognize a user within our Website, so that we can provide users with service they asked for. They are required to maintain a record of your Do Not Track preferences, so that we may respect them for future visits.
- The information collected by Google Analytics itself is anonymous, but if you respond to a marketing email, then a random ID is generated for Google Analytics which we can use along with your email address to manually identify you from other information we already hold in your customer profile. We may then use this information to generate potential sales leads or marketing.
- You can find more information about how Google Analytics safeguards your data at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
- For more information about digital advertising visit AdChoices at: www.youradchoices.com.
- Social Media Cookies
- We allow users to share our Website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter through the use of their cookies. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies of the social media provider for how their cookies work.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “unsubscribe.” If you unsubscribe, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.